Saturday 8 June 2013

My Avatar Image


My avatar image is a synthesis of my love of colour and a clue to my background in Vedic science.  The avatar image as Walker (2008) points out, may have a higher aesthetic quality than any choice of amateur photographThe avatar image is a fusion of bold colours with contrasting subtle tones that were chosen to reflect a unified balance of opposites because as Miller (1995) suggests, the avatar can infer the author’s qualities by the style and look of the chosen image.
By choosing an avatar I am purposefully concealing my true self and presenting an impression of how I would like to be perceived online - an intangible, colourful, calm person of unknown age, nationality or gender.
Rebecca Blood describes (2005) a pseudonym as an opportunity to freely express a version of oneself to the world through a unique perspective and path of self- discovery. Diyu Anand is therefore the me I wish to present to the world through my blog thus creating a particular voice. The intention is, that readers will acquire familiarity over time and use their imagination to fill any gaps in my self-portrayal. Diyu Anand















Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
(With the exception of the Avatar Image)
© The Avatar image is copyright to Ramneek Narang All Rights Reserved 2013


       


No comments: