Monday 25 March 2013

Why Choose Colour ?



Colour is all around us; it is an intrinsic part of life that we may take for granted until we attempt our daily colour choices. What shirt to wear? What coloured shoes? A new toothbrush!  A new car! What colour will I choose?
I have always loved colour, I have painted, cooked, eaten, read and studied colour in textiles, cooking, design, art and architecture. 
I haven’t however had the opportunity or good fortune to work with colour colour design for long or to run my own colour business  due to having a large family and the all - encompassing nature of raising children and involvement in a family business.
I did however take the opportunity when my youngest son went to high school to focus on learning more about colour and being creative which led me to the International School of Colour and Design in Sydney. I thrived in this environment for three years among an enthusiastic and inspiring group of people with a like-minded interest in colour and design
I thrived in this learning environment for three years among an enthusiastic and inspiring group of people with a like-minded interest in colour and design.
I came away from my colour study with three diplomas and an 'Award for Excellence in Visual Arts'. I acquired a wide range of skills from artistic abilities, knowledge of colour theory and psychology, colour palette design, colour-mixing techniques to the broader field of styling, interior design, surface design and colour consulting for architectural developments and real estate.  As often happens in life I was unable at that time to pursue my own colour design business and went off to work in business management in a large public company in Sydney, colour still remaining my true passion and way of viewing the world.
The launch of the  ‘Tickled Pink - Colour Design’   is a new opportunity for me to combine the skills I have learnt over the past ten years in management, with my underlying passion for colour and design.  My involvement in the blogging platform has also provided me with a sort after role in the public sphere that as Jill Walker- Rettburg describes as an opportunity to not only articulate and learn but allow our internal self to be more predominant (  Walker - Rettburg, 2008 )
My aim is to expand my online writing from Kitchen Heirlooms  to  ‘Tickled Pink -Colour Design  a long-held dream and aspiration that I envisage being engaging, thought provoking and informative.
Join me next time for an Introduction to Colour In Web Design  Cheers  Diyu















Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
(With the exception of the Avatar and Parrots Image)
© The Avatar image is copyright to Ramneek Narang All Rights Reserved 2013
© The Parrot  image is copyright to Mike Jones All Rights Reserved 2013
                            Many thanks to Ramneek Narang, Mocha UK and Mike Jones for the images on this post.



       

       

No comments: